Boutique Cakery is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Boutique Cakery may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/01/2016.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
Name and surname
Contact information including email address and delivery address
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- The sizes available on our website is what is on offer. We do not make smaller sizes than listed but can do bigger.
- Flavour options are vanilla with raspberry jam or chocolate. We offer other flavours at an extra cost but please contact us before ordering to confirm.
- Sponge and chocolate cakes do not have nuts as an ingredient but there may be nut traces present. Our fruitcakes contain nuts and alcohol.
Cake Storage and Shelf Life
- Never put cakes in the fridge.
- All cakes should be stored in a cool dark place on a flat sturdy surface.
- Our cakes are made freshly to order and do not contain any preservatives.
- Sponge, Chocolate and Carrot cake will keep for one week after delivery.
Fruitcake will last for months.
- We require 7-14 working days’ notice on all cakes ordered. Occasionally we may not have the resources to meet demand. Please order as early as you can.
- Please check your order thoroughly before payment. For bespoke cakes, our decorators can only create the finished article from what they interpret from the wording of your order. It is not possible to create exact specifications when modeling food, just a graphical representation.
- 24 hours after your cakes has been ordered and paid for, any further alteration will carry a £5.00 administration fee.
- We only accept cards payment for orders placed online. We use 3D secure Cardsave/Worldpay.
- For payment enquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deliveries are made by our own trained drivers, on your chosen delivery date. We do not offer timed deliveries.
- All cakes are delivered boxed.
- We only deliver within the London M25.
- We do not deliver on Sundays.
- Delivering in London is very unpredictable due to congestion. All cakes will be delivered on your chosen delivery date. We do not offer specified time deliveries. If you require your cake before a specified time you must choose a delivery date for the day before.
Refund Cancellation and Complaints
- There will be no refund on cakes cancelled less than 7 working days prior to collection or delivery. Cancellation with 8-14 days will incur a 25% cancellation fee.
- Please double-check inscription to go on cake as it will be copied exactly. A decorator might not always be available to correct a mistake and a £10 fee will be charged for corrections.
- Complaints are very rare and we take them very seriously. Some complaints may require further investigation and an immediate refund may not always be possible. Cakes, or part of cakes, may need to be returned within three days to ensure we are able to fairly assess the nature of the complaint.
- The maximum refund we offer is the value of the cake and delivery if the cake was delivered. Further compensation is not available.
- We cannot be held responsible for damage to a cake after collection/delivery.